Friday 7 February 2014

I've lost..

.. 1" from my ponytail circumference. I measured it out of curiosity on Wednesday, and it was 5" at my nape. It might have been slightly thicker if I had measured on the top of my head, but I didn't feel like doing that. My pony was 6" when I joined LHC two years ago. Last winter/spring I noticed that I seemed to be losing more hair, but I didn't think much about it. I attributed most of it to length, because long shed hairs naturally make the pile look bigger. I measured my pony sometime in the summer and by then it was down to 5,6". 

I guess you know you're a thick haired gal when you lose 1" of thickness, and barely even notice it. My buns were still big and the braids were still fairly plump and bulky. I could feel that my hair was slightly thinner when I sectioned it before braiding, but I didn't think much about it. The shedding appears to be back to normal now. I don't usually count my sheds, but I did one night after combing with my TT. I got 20. I had also combed my hair that morning, and that pile was smaller. I guess the total was 30-40 strands? Perfectly normal, and not something to worry about.

I do wonder if the shedding may have been because of my iron deficiency. I got my blood work done right before Christmas, and the doctor said that I had a small deficiency and that I needed to take supplements. I don't know if that would make my hair fall out, but I think it's a possibility.

Losing that much thickness is much less devastating for a person with very thick hair. I still feel sad that I'm no longer the girl with crazy, insanely, impossibly thick hair. Now I just the one with thick hair. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment